Whitney R. Harris World Ecology Center and Saint Louis Zoo Fellow
Behavioral ecology and disease ecology in Galapagos hawks
2018 – Present: PhD Student in Ecology, Evolution and Systematics – Department of Biology, University of Missouri-St. Louis
2011 – 2016: BSc in Biology, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia (UPCH) Lima, Peru
- May 2017 – July 2018: Laboratory of Biodiversity Studies, LID UPCH (Lima, Peru). Mist netting, field assistant, point counts, visual encounter surveys (VES).
- November 2017 – April 2018: Research assistantship at the Laboratory of Molecular Epidemiology and Genetics, CITBM UNMSM (Lima, Peru). Extraction of DNA, and standardization of a protocol to identify Herpes Virus in non human primates with PCR.
- January 2017 – April 2017: Internship at the UMSL Parker Lab. Screening mosquito samples to detect Plasmodium using PCR.
- January 2017 – April 2017: Internship at the Animal Behavior Lab, Saint Louis Zoo (St. Louis, MO). Conducted live observations and video scoring.
- July 2013 – December 2016: Applied Botany Laboratory, LID UPCH (Lima, Peru). Handling of specimens from the field to the lab, management of a herbarium, medicinal uses of native plants of Peru.
- January 2015 – March 2015: Volunteer at Wings of the Tropic at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden (Miami, FL). Maintenance of the tropical butterflies and moths inside the exhibit.