I’m interested in the limits of geographic ranges and the ecological and evolutionary factors that might contribute to range expansions.
2019 – Present: PhD Student in Ecology, Evolution and Systematics – Department of Biology, University of Missouri-St. Louis
2007 – 2012: BA in Communications, Universidad de Palermo, Buenos Aires, Argentina
RESEARCH AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Nov. 2018 – Present: Parker Lab at UMSL. Lab assistant. Disease screening for avian malaria.
- April 2019 – Present: Seasonal volunteer for bird banding project to track spring migration at the World Bird Sanctuary, MO.
- Sept. 2018 – June 2019: Muchhala Lab at UMSL. Assisted with taxonomic revision of the Burmeistera genus, worked with herbarium specimens at the Missouri Botanical Gardens.
- May-October 2018: Bird Technician, Audubon Center at Riverlands. Conducted avian point count surveys along the Mississippi River during
the breeding season.
- Aug. – Dec. 2017: Internship in the Animal Behavior department at the St. Louis Zoo, MO.